Information, guides and brochures on most spinal conditions, diagnosis, investigations and treatments can be found in the following links.
- Patient Information from the British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Patient information from the North American Spine Society
- Patient Line from EUROSPINE (Spine Society of Europe)
Information on non-surgical and surgical treatments for lumbar spinal conditions can be found in the following links.
- SPORT Non Surgical Guide - Lists of many non-surgical treatments for spinal conditions
- SPORT Spine Surgery Guide - This is basic information regarding surgical laminectomy, decompression and / or spinal fusion. It includes sections on learning more about the lower back, the surgical procedure, possible surgical complications, exercises and body mechanics, and basic tips for recuperation at home.
Further information on low back pain can be found in the following links.
- NHS Back Pain - Useful broadcasts about back pain.
- KnowYourBack.org - from the North American Spine Society and contains a lot of useful information.
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) Low Back Pain Guidelines - This guideline is about the care and treatment for people who have non-specific low back pain lasting longer than 6 weeks but less than a year.
- Back Care App - Information and advice to help manage and prevent back pain. There are graphics and videos of exercises to follow and strength of your pain.
- Non Specific Low Back Pain in Adults from Patient.co.uk - Overview of this frequent condition, including treatments and prognosis.
Further Information on sciatica and leg pain, disc prolapse, stenosis and spondylolisthesis can be found in the following links.